Friday, May 22, 2009

Tilda Goes Vintage for Friday Sketchers




This is my DT card for Friday Sketchers and this week we have a wonderful sketch by Heidi of Norway. I hope you will come on over, see the wonderful cards by the design team, and join us this week in using this fabulous sketch. I made my card quite frou-frou vintage so I could also use her for the Stamp with Fun challenge this week.

I used Bazzill CS for the base, 2 layers of solid color DP for the matting, and K&Company Madeline DP which I altered quite a bit (see my note below). I also used Tilda with Braid from the Christmas 2008 Collection since there are very few Tildas with long dresses that I am aware of. She will be available at Magnolia-licious in several weeks. She is colored with Copics and has Angel Wings Shimmerz on her wings...pretty appropriate, huh? lol Please note that I wanted Tilda's skin to be much paler than usual for this era of card. All panels are stitched with Old Gold thread.

On the front of the card, the first layer is actually the corners of a rectangular paper doily place mat. On top of that is the next tilted square propped up on dimensional tape and which I have surrounded with pearl trim. I wanted this gorgeous DP to show so I used a vellum scalloped oval nestie for Tilda--this oval has gold beads adhered to the scallops to emphasize little Tilda. She is also propped up on dimensional tape. To finish the front I added Prima shades of olive flowers with peach rose centers, pearls to the corners of the small square, an old pin/locket tied with gold cord, and an antique button with a touch of peach tulle.



The first panel on the inside of the card is a coordinating DP from the same Madeline collection. I added a peach silk ribbon and a metal hanging rod with several charms hanging from chains. The jotting panel is the same ALTERED DP as the front. I put another Tilda with Braid on a ribbon and made a small envelope with vellum, trimmed with pearl and gold beads. The jotting area is inside the envelope on a card, trimmed with MS lace punch and stamped in PTI Berry Sorbet with the Sittin' Here stamp from the Chasing Butterflies Collection 2009 which can be found at Magnolia-licious. Finally I added pearls to each corner of the main panels.

NOTE:
I wanted to show you something that I have never heard anyone admit to in the cardmaking world!! lol...I wanted to use a particular patterned paper for this card BUT the colors were all wrong. I had already decided on some peach colored roses for part of the embellishment and the paper I wanted to use was definitely PINK and shades of pink. That would never do!!! So I took out a handful of Copics and colored all of the pink and pink shades on the paper with peach and peach shades and VOILA it matches!!!!! What do you think?? I hope you can see the significant change in colorway in this picture:



So if you need a particular color in one of your DPs and don't know what to do...just grab a Copic and make it be there!!!

I hope you have enjoyed seeing my take on this week's sketch at Friday Sketchers using this little girlie and will let me know what you think of her...If you have any questions, please drop me a quick email. Thank you so much for visiting us...we appreciate each of you!! Best wishes for a wonderful weekend!! Magnolia-licious hugs!!!

48 comments:

Ila said...

Wowzers!! this is Absolutley Beautiful!!..love your coloring and Gorgeous accents!!...Hugs, Ila

Justbecauseitmakesmesmile said...

I really love your cards. The only problem is that I now desperately want that stamp!!!

Cami said...

Absolutely a beautiful vintage Tilda with the perfect DPs. How clever to color over the pinks with your peaches. They match perfectly. Every detail you put into your card shows your affection for this craft. You never fail to amaze me, Jacque! xoxo Cami

debby4000 said...

Gorgeous card, wonderful details inside and out and really cute Tilda.
luv
Debby

Unknown said...

oh wow jacque, your card is really wonderful and so romantic, the idea with the lace is so great and the colours and papers looks so fabulous to the coloration.
have a nice and sunny weekend,
big hugs, bea

Candy said...

Hi Jacque!

WOW WOW WOW - this is my most favourite card you have made to date! You have used my favourite Tilda and the most beautiful papers and extras on this card. What a great idea to colour the design paper and thank you so much for telling us about it and showing us the difference!! I love the gold stitching, gold balls and all of the pearls with the touches of velum. The papers are to die for!!! Fantastic Card!!!!!!! NOW this is Vintage......

Love Candy

Cheryl said...

I just love this Tilda and the way youi've made such an elegant and vintage card! Perfect!

Nancy said...

Hi Jacque this card is truely a master piece!!! Everything about it is just gorjussss. Thank you so much for telling how you changed the color of the paper I would have never thought to do that. Your cards are all amazing but I think this one tops them all!

Ittybittyinkspotstoo said...

AHHHHHHHH!!!! I LOVE HER!! OMG THIS IS AWESOME!!! WOWOWOW I can't tell you in a paragraph how wonderful she is! The colors, the Tilda, the frou frou!!
Stunning!!!
hugz
deb

Amy Leggate- Paper Romance said...

Wow! This is a really great card! I can't believe you coloured all those roses!!! Amazzzing work

Kerry D-C said...

Stunning Jacque! Great job coloring the pattern paper to meet your needs!

Anonymous said...

OMG Jacque, she is sooooo beautiful!!! Love the dp and the way you put it all together--simply AMAZING. That's a true labor or love. Hugs, Christina C.

Jessica G. said...

Jacque -- I can laugh about your obsession with matching colors because I am the same way! For one of my swaps, I used my Copics to color ladybug buttons because they were the wrong shade of red!!

Gorgeous card; the extra coloring was well worth the effort!

Jeanette said...

This is the most exquisite card. The inside is just as gorgeous as the front. I love all the detailed work and the attention to detail....coloring the DP is something I would never even thought of! Have a great weekend.
Hugs Jeanette

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Jacque! I can see myself coloring the pattern paper to match too...all the details make the difference.
Love how you colored Tilda in "vintage"!
Pam Going Postal

Sharon Caudle said...

OMG, Jacque this is stunningly beautiful!! You spent some time on this card, and every second of it shows!! Wow!!! Gorgeous coloring, gorgeous details, gorgeous period!! Oh, and I LOVE the scalloped vellum behind Tilda! It gives a really special feeling to the card!!
hugs!
Sharon

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

totally AMAZING! i would have not believed it thtat this works so great to color on patterend paper sweetie. such a lovely card and the inside is just cute as a pie.

hugs
claudia

cabio said...

WOW, OMG is the first words I said for this card. Jacque, this card is just PERFECT. Just stunning and everything fits so well.

Hugs,
Cabio

Tina Tacker said...

Very, very classy card Jacque! You sure have an eye for putting the different papers together. I love looking at your cards! You're a very talented artist!! Big Hugs!

Norma said...

Aaawww, Jacque. This is so precious. And so elegant. I love everything little detail about this card, the Tilda, the flowers, the paper lace, the colours, the charms, etc. And the inside of your card is also priceless. I'm in awe!!! And thanks so much for the tips on making your DP match the colours of your markers. When you think about it, it only makes sense and it's very simple, isn't it? Obviously I wasn't thinking, duh!--I've been strugling to find the perfect matches.

Much hugs.
Norma xx

Anonymous said...

That is so cute, Jacque. And what a clever job of transforming the DP. Great idea. I don't think I have ever heard of anyone doing that.
hugs
tonilea

charlene said...

That is just to pretty ! How well she dresses up LOL have a great day ..... I just love that card

Suzan L said...

Hi Jacque, What an elegant card, sooooo beautiful!! I love that you colored the DP and I also love all the little details. Your card is just the sweetest!! Hope you have a wonderful Memorial Day weekend! Hugs, Suzan

Laurel said...

Jacque; you make me almost speechless and my husband would say that is an impossible thing to do! Vintage is an art form that you have truly taken to a new level with this card - it is so breathtaking. It is soft, yet colorful. I love the flowers and coloring the paper to match - I never cease to learn from you! Thank you for that and for sharing this work of art! Hugs

Suzanne J Dean said...

Stunningly beautiful Jacque--love the vintage and elegant look of all the embellies & dp! Yes, (shhhh) I have colored elements in my dp before, LOL! Fabulous job!

hugz,
Suzanne

Kim said...

Jacque this is AMAZING hun! WOW what a fantastic card! I just adore your elements on your cards! You always so a bang up job on every card you make! Love your work!!! And that is so awesome how you customized your paper to match...thanks for the tip...I am so going to remember this as I always run into that problem! Great creation!
Have a wonderful weekend hun!
Hugs~ Kim

Stampin'Piper said...

WOW! Jacque, I'm really in love with this card! I love the colours and every detail!

Have a great weekend, Hugs Tanja

Danni said...

Wow! Look at you...coloring your paper to match! Awesome! Such a pretty card! I just love your work.
By the way, Mister Linky is really a mess right now, I'd wait to mess with it.

Rosette said...

Oh my Jacque... I was going to faint whaen I saw this card!!! It's stinkin cute and wonderfully soft!!! Oh my! you're THE BEST!!! lol this blogger wouldn't let me stay on my blog, and is not displaying my blog list, so i HAD to make a google search for your blog.. couldn't stay away!!! :))

Big hugs sweetie

Heidi said...

Your card is stunning my friend-I really love everything about it.
And about the paper you colored - what a wonderful result -it looks so beautiful. You are so creativ

Hugs and love
Heidi

Rachel said...

OH MY!! she is absolutely gorgeous!! love all those details you used and those colors and paper are incredible!! Love how you made the paper work for you!! you are so creative.
hugs,
Rachel

Julie said...

Gorgeous Jacque. This just took my breath away!

Ela said...

Your Card is very noble!!

Ela :o)

Eulanda said...

Wow the detail is unreal!! Gold thread?!! My favorite is the oval piece. Oh and very clever idea on the Copic coloring. It sure worked!!! :)

Mona said...

wow what a wonderful card.
Thanks for joining us this week.
Hugs Mona
swf-team

Chris (catt871) said...

wow wow wow!!!!!!!!!! you are so creative! i love what you did with the DP, sooo smart!!!!! Miss your emails...you must be awfully busy!!! ;-) Love ya!!!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous vintage card Jacq...you have used some wonderful accents and your colouring is fabulous. What an amazing thing to do with the dp...looks sensational!
Have a wonderful weekend.
Hugs
Carole :-)

Unknown said...

Jacque, your cards are so beautiful. I just love this idea of making your dp match. She is a beautiful Tilda and you always make her so special. You are an inspiration to me as well as many others!

Jenny said...

Absolutely amazing card!!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Jacque, this card is simply stunning my friend, i love how you've changed the flowers on the papers, such a great idea, and works perfectly!! this card has such a lovely vintage romantic feel to it, i love everything about it. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend my friend, big hugs Linda x

Ellen (aka ScrapStampnMama) said...

Jacque...This is absolutely beautiful! And I love the tip about changing the color of the flowers, I would have never thought of that. You are very talented, beautiful work!

Jacqueline van der Sar - Crejakaarten said...

Hi Jacque, love your card. Great to see you join both challenges!!! Your colouring of the roses is wunderful, I sometimes do that too... Last time I did colour my image with copics on K&Company paper to get that vintage look! Thanks for sharing! Looking forward to your next card :-)) Love,
Jacqueline

Blog Master E said...

Darling card, I love how you did the inside of the card with the image again. Very sweet.

Shelley said...

Jacque, I love your card. How did you make your flowers? They are stunning and wouldn't mind having a go myself. hugs Shelley

http://shelley-artfulachievements.blogspot.com/

Simone said...

This is really wonderful!
Simone

Dawn B. said...

Love this. You did such a terrific job with it.. I think the dp looks better in your colors. Thanks for that little tip. Great job...TFS

Lavender Rose said...

This is a work of art! WOW is an understatement.

Anonymous said...

yikes!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAUTIFUL THAT I EVER TELL YOU THAT I HAVE NOTICED THAT MY FAVORITE CARDS ARE YOURS!!! You are one talented lady i might add. This one is GORGEOUS!!!!!! if i could say it a million times i would. the copic coloring is brilliant!! gosh im adding you to my faves i love your cards!!! and i think i fell in love with this little girl i have never seen her before. GREAT WORK RubyM:)